Friday, February 27, 2009

It's 5 on Friday

1. I am so thankful for such a great special needs program that Andrew is a part of. I am already sad thinking about leaving that place of security for him and me. Andrew's teacher was so positive today at our annual case conference. She keeps telling me that Andrew will thrive in kindergarten and that he will be okay. What a blessing! All the encouragment will not keep me from crying on preschool graduation day, though!
2. Jarod has started reading books on his own. He's been able to read for a while, but has still wanted ERic or I to read to him. Yesterday, he was sitting in our comfy red chair reading a chapter book on (what else?...) Star Wars. I was so proud and thankful that he likes and wants to read. He's growing up so fast!
3. My house looks really picked up today! I have been trying to keep the toys, videos, books, etc.... picked up so my house doesn't seem so cluttered. I'm thankful for friends that keep me accountable and that I am trying to be on top of things. Anyone want to come over? There's actually a seat on the couch for you!
4. I'm thankful that I'm needed. It's nice to feel needed.
5. I'm thankful for a loving husband and that communication is a good thing! (One would think that after 12 years, we would have figured that out by now.)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think there's always something new around the bend of the communication road, no matter how long you've been married--and, yes, that's a good thing!