Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The kindness of strangers

This morning Drew and i went to Glenbrook Mall to get some scrapbooking paper. We went to the "paper" store and looked around. Drew was jumping around and not interested in staying with me at all. So, we went the bathroom and then went to his favorite elevator -the glass elevator where he can see out. We then walked to the carousel. The lady that runs it during the day is so good with kids. She let me on with Drew without having to pay and spoke to Drew with such kindness. He loves riding the carousel and talking about all the colors he sees.
After the ride, we rode back up the favorite elevator and went back to the paper store. The associate that helped me was so kind in talking with Drew and helping to keep an eye on him while I looked for paper. She had no problem with him yelling in the store and singing at the top of his lungs.
I'm so thankful for these two women who made a mom (who gets weary many days), have a delightful morning with my son!

No comments: