Thursday, May 27, 2010

The mission

The mission: swim suit shopping
Oh, how I loathe it! But, I must accept this mission if I am to soak in the sun and enjoy the pool (and hopefully some beach) this summer.
I don't care what size you are, finding the suit is a pain. You could be a size 2 and not find anything that is right for you.
Do I buy a one piece? A tankini? A swim dress?
Bikini is not even an option for me!
I have probably tried on at least 50 different suits in the last week or so. Different sizes, different tops with different bottoms. Different patterns, all trying to hide those wonderful imperfections that make trying on suits so difficult and depressing.
The older I get the more I want a suit that is modest. (not that I've ever had a suit that wasn't, but now I'm just more aware of it) However, I don't want to buy a suit my grandma would buy either. I'm still young, right?!
So, I think I found one the other night. I need to go back and try it on again just to make sure. I just hope it's still there! I really don't want to have to go through this again for a long while!

No comments: