Sunday, November 23, 2008

My 5 (really late)

I thought about waiting until after Thanksgiving, but I might get really behind then.

1. I am very thankful that my hubby is finally feeling better. He's been home sick for about 5 days with strep throat. I will be able to sleep in my own bed tonight!

2. Andrew has a new friend. Okay, not necessarily new, but he now wants to see Kay at church every time we go. It is so neat for me to see him interacting with others and asking to see people. I am also thankful for Kay's candle. It makes Andrew's day!

3. We had a family birthday party in Huntington on Sat. to celebrate our nephew's 13th birthday. Wow! 13. When did that happen. I'm so proud of Ryan. He's pulled his grades up, joined the wrestling team and seems to be finding his place in middle school. I am thankful for family that is supportive!

4. There was a two hour delay on Friday. Eric was feeling well enough to stay with Jarod while I was able to help a friend out in the morning. I feel blessed when things like that happen. I was wondering how I was going to be able to help , but God worked it out. It's the little things that I am so grateful for when life gets a little nutty.

5. It has been fun to watch Jarod and Andrew interact with each other this week. Jarod starts this game with Andrew by asking, "What's your name?" And then Andrew will say, "Fred." Jarod responds, "That's not your name. What's your name?" Of course, there are lots of tickles and giggles between them. They will go back and forth for a few minutes with this little bit. I love it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is fun to be in and out of Jarod's Sunday school class over a period of months. I was especially impressed this last Sunday that Jarod is maturing in a very cool way. This showed up in class in his attention to questions and in his thoughtful (as opposed to silly) answers. He doesn't leave his cool sense of humor behind at all--but it's as though he's turned another maturity corner. Very neat to see! He's a great boy!