Friday, November 7, 2008

My 5...okay 6

1. I am thankful for my brief roadtrips today. Since the boys did not have school today, we drove up to Kendallville to have lunch with Eric. We just don't get to do that very often. Eric likes to show off the boys to his co-workers and the boys like to eat in the conference room with daddy. I also got to drive down to Upland this afternoon to visit with Megan. We had a wonderful time talking and catching up on life. Megan makes me feel young and I hope that I was an encourgament to her! I also enjoyed having some time to myself in the car. I was able to talk with God and sing to Him with the radio.

2. Thank you, Amy for your kind words on mothering. It is so nice to be encouraged after dealing with a meltdown at Wendy's tonight. I'm thankful for you and how you encourage me at just the right moments. You are a true mentor.

3. I have absolutely loved this weather this week. The boys had so much fun playing outside and in the tree in the backyard. (That's a new favorite...makes momma nervous though!) Our tree with the vibrant red leaves in the front yard is a constant reminder of my Creator and the beauty of His creation. It has been a delight to see as I take Drew to the bus in the morning.

4. We have nothing planned for our Saturday. I love those days that we can sit in our jammies until mid-morning or even noon! Jarod is looking forward to spending the whole day with his dad.

5. I am thankful that I was able to talk with my BFF online this week. I miss her terribly, but know that she's following the Lord with her family in PNG. I look forward to catching up with her in this next year when they are home on home assignment.

6. God is teaching me to depend on Him. I am studying the life of Moses in BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) this year. We just studied the part when God provided the Israelites with manna. He gave them exactly what they needed; no more, no less. I need to remember that God gives me my "manna" daily and will keep providing for me. I don't have to worry about the future or even tomorrow. God is so good.

No comments: