Sunday, December 21, 2008

My thanks...

1. I am so thankful that we have power in spite of the storm. We even have the Littleford's staying with us until they have power or at least a generator to heat their house. I'm glad that we can help our good friends. They've even offered to help us clean our house when they go. Can't go wrong with that! :>)

2. Andrew had a very cute holiday party in class on Wed. The kids wore a shirt with a gingerbread man on it. We sang songs about the gingerbread man and we did the snowman hokey pokey. I even tried to make a gingerbread house with Andrew. It didn't turn out very well. I didn't take a picture...it was that bad. Andrew has such a wonderful teacher and aide. I am really going to miss them when Andrew is in kindergarten.

3. Eric and I went to Flat Top Grill last Friday night for dinner. It is one of our favorite places to eat. We haven't been there in such a long time though. Our kids were at breakaway for the evening at Avalon. I am so thankful for that program. It is a time for the parents of special needs kids to get a break for a couple of hours. It has been such a blessing to our family!

4. Jarod was able to meet his teacher's husband last week at school. Mr. C. is in the army and is home from a year long deployment to Iraq. The kids made him a banner to welcome him home. I am thankul for his service to our country, but more thankful that he is home with his family for Christmas.

5. I am thankful that the children's Christmas program at church last Sunday went well. I was so pleased that Andrew got up on stage. I am so thankful for Sherri and Kay for helping Andrew that morning. I am so proud of Jarod too. He said his lines so well with such confidence. My little boys are growing up so fast! It was a wonderful and simple way to share about Jesus' birthday.

No comments: