Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An ordinary Tuesday

I thought today would be just an ordinary Tuesday with lots of whining between the boys, laundry, cleaning, and just hanging out. It has turned to be delightfuly pleasant. Nothing earth shattering, but still, I have a smile on my face!
First of all, the boys and I slept in until 8am! That in itself is a big deal in our house! The boys both have a tendancy to wake up early when they don't have too. I was delighted to get some extra rest this morning!
Second, I was able to take a nice long hot shower. I take showers most days, but they are usually interrupted by a child needing something. Today, no interruptions!
After my nice shower, I realized that we really didn't have much for lunch so I thought, "hmmm. Let's go out to lunch. hmmm...Wonder what Eric is doing for lunch?" We ended up driving to Kendallville and had lunch at McDonalds. As we were driving through downtown Kendallville, Jarod said, "You know, Mom, Kendallville is like New York. All the buildings are pushed together!" I tried not to laugh too much. I think that was the line of the day!
We had a nice lunch with Dad and then drove off. On a whim, I thought we could go to the zoo. We had visited the new African Journey, so both boys agreed. The zoo wasn't terribly crowded, in spite of all the cars and full parking lots. Andrew walked with Jarod most of the time and was fine to go see the new lions. I even sent them on the train by themselves! That's a first.
Jarod was awesome with Andrew today! I was and am so proud of him! it's not been easy for Jarod dealing with Andrew's autism sometimes. But, today he was just big brother!
I am so thankful that we had a really fun time today. Andrew didn't mind the spur of the moment ideas and was very flexible. Jarod helped out and was a joy to watch.
Thanks God for showing me the simple things today and to take time to enjoy them!

1 comment:

naswanson said...

Spontaneous activity usually is the most fun. Glad you had a great day with *all* of your boys.