Friday, June 5, 2009

It's Friday!

The school year is almost done. At 3:30pm today, I will have a third grader in my home. Where has the time gone? I will also have a kindergartener. I am so thankful for great teachers this year for the boys! Mrs. C has been such an encourager to Jarod. What a blessing! And then there is Mrs. L and Mrs. D for Andrew. We have been with them for 3 years. It is very hard to say goodbye to them! They both have become mentors to me and friends. I am anxious about next year for both my boys, but I know that God has prepared a path for them and I am excited to see where it leads!



I am also thankful for a wonderful time celebrating Rachel's life on Monday with a bunch of friends. It was nice to be around others who loved Rachel and that I wasn't sitting at home with my thoughts. We called it: Rachel's first birthday in Paradise!



I finally have my living room painted ! It's a very warm beautiful gold color. My folks came up and helped. As sad as it sounds, it was my first time to paint a room. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm hoping to paint the kitchen before the end of the summer. We'll see if I actually make that goal.

I had planned to post this on Friday, but my little Andrew decided he didn't like it up on the computer screen. So, he hit the "x" and I haven't had a chance to get back to it. I'm thankful for automatic save!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I had to laugh at your closing note! Truly depicts the aspect of motherhood where things don't always go as planned...but you do a great job of making lemonade with life's lemons in such a way that the rest of us taste the sweetness too, Becky.