Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School




Well, it's official: the school year has begun.
Jarod started first grade last week. It's been an adjustment for him to be in school all day, but I think it will get easier as he begins to learn the routines and feel confident in himself. He has a really nice teacher. I'm looking forward to meeting her formally and seeing a class list. I am also excited about having the time to help out in his classroom. Jarod is already bugging me to come to his class!
Andrew started preschool today. He rode the bus for the first time too. He did really well! There was a slight hesitation when he stepped on the bus, and the driver said he only cried a little at the beginning and when he got off the bus. It sounded like he wanted to ride more and not go to school!
I am really proud of both my boys. I pray that God will give them both a peace about school that is beyond their understanding and that they learn to trust in Him more and more.






1 comment:

Megan C. said...

Well Bec, I officially miss you (and Jared, Drew, and Eric, of course.) I'm glad Drew's first day went so well...I feel strangely sentimental. Also, thanks for the note you gave me on Sunday, it was perfect and really encouraged me. Praying for you, love!