Monday, August 20, 2007

Interesting Discovery

On Saturday I had the opportunity to scrapbook all day. I was really looking forward to working on my album and trying to get caught up. I sat next to a lady named Diana. We talked on and off during the day. At the end of the day as I was beginning to pack up, one of my friends came over to look through my pages. As she looked at my house pages, Diana stood up, put her hand on my shoulder and gasped. I asked her if she was okay and she said that she knew my house. I asked her how she knew and she said that the previous owner of our house was her cousin. She looked at the pictures on the page in awe because her cousin and his wife have both passed away. Diana began telling me about this couple; how they met, their love for each and their family, how much the wife loved to garden and the pride she took in her yard. (The wife would be shocked by how much I am NOT a gardener!) It made me look at my house a little differently when I got home. Someone else had memories different from mine of the same house. I feel strangely connected to Diana. I hope that Eric and I can bring memories to other peoplel like this couple has done for Diana. I hope that Diana and I can scrapbook again together. I would like to learn more about her cousin and the memories she had in our home.

No comments: