Friday, August 17, 2007

Time for a change

I have been reading a book recently called Breathe by Kari Wyatt Kent. It's about how to create a space for God in a hectic life. I've been feeling overwhelmed recently about school starting and all the "stuff" and committments that come with the school year. But I know that God longs for me to be in a realtionship with him and if my life is just too busy, how can I give him the time that he so deserves. One aspect of this book is Sabbath Simplicity: a God-focused life of rhythm of work and rest. I love that that! Especially the part about rest. I forget sometimes that it is okay to not go anywhere, to have down time. Other points of Sabbath Simplicity are:
  • Its a way of life that you build by listening to God's direction
  • It's deliberate, but almost effortless
  • It's choosing yes or no based on what God is calling me to do

I pray that Lord will be patient with me as I learn how live this way.

Change is a good sometimes.

No comments: