Monday, September 22, 2008

A good dentist visit...who knew!

I loathe going to the dentist. It is the last thing I wanted to do today. I know how important dental hygiene is and why I need to go. But I hate the scraping and that awful sucking straw they make me use. What ever happened to the spit sink? I miss that.

Well, today it was actually a very pleasant experience. Not the actual part of cleaning of my teeth , but talking to my hygienist was an absolute joy. I was in the chair for about an hour, which is about 30 minutes longer than usual. We giggled and talked about God and how He is in control of our lives, not us. I walked away not only with a clean mouth and teeth, but with a renewed clean spirit as well. It was nice to talk with an adult about adult things.

I will never be one to get excited about the dentist, but if my hygienist is there I know I will just enjoy talking with her; even if she has to scrape a little.

No comments: