Friday, October 31, 2008

5 for Friday

1. I am sooooo thankful that Eric is home now! It was a long 3 weeks, but God was good and the boys and I did pretty well. Eric had uneventful flights, which is good. He was able to stay in an apartment while in Tawain with a roommate who was from Louisville. It was really nice and much better than a hotel room. I am also thankful that I can worship with Eric in church on Sunday.

2. I am thankful for new and deepening friendships. The boys and I went to a friend's house on Thursday afternoon. It is nice to be able to talk about Andrew's needs with someone who also has a child with autism. I am really enjoying the time that I spend with her!

3. Parent/teacher conferences were today. Both the boys are doing well! They are both blessed to have wonderful teachers who I know honestly care about them.

4. I absolutely love my new Pampered Chef scrub brush. It works so well! I don't have to scrub real hard on my dishes or pans with stuck on food that has been there since I put the dish in the sink. (I won't gross you out on exactly how long that was, though!)

5. I am thankful that God is in control and He already knows the outcome of the election. I keep saying that I am going to move to my own private island and be my own government. But then I wouldn't get to see God's plan work out for His glory. No matter who wins.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so happy for you in having a "soul sister" in the realm of mothering a child with autism. Becky, everytime I look at you interacting with Andrew, I marvel at God's goodness to that little guy in giving him you for a mom. I know that someday he will realize it, too, and that will be part of his rising up to call you blessed.