Monday, January 26, 2009

25 things about me

I was tagged to do this on facebook and thought it would be fun to post this here too.

1. I have had glasses since I was three years old. I even had bifocals for a while. I then finally got contacts in 7th grade. But now, I am back to wearing glasses againl. I'm just old. Besides, my 4 1/2 year old gets upset when I don't have my glasses on.
2. My husband proposed to me before a production of Crazy for You at Rose Hullman. He and his quartet sang "For the Longest Time" while I was sitting on stage next to a table with a rose on it. After the song, Eric got down on one knee and proposed. We have it on tape!
3. If I could move my entire family, friends and their families, my church and my house, I would move to Roanoke, VA. Eric and i lived there for a year after we were married. I loved the southern hospitality and the beautiful mountains. But alas, no one is willing to move.
4. Autism is now a word that is part of our family. Andrew was diagnosed in Jan. of 2008. I now know why God allowed me to work in special education for 3 years and not a get a classroom teaching job. it was to be ready for our child.
5. I hate hospitals. I don't like the smell. I don't like being around sick people. But, God's working on me. I've visited a couple of people now...I went with a friend.
6. I was a stand- up comic once. I bombed. I decided that comedy was not my gig.
7. I have a goal to paint my front room by March 9. Haven't even taken the Christmas tree down yet. We'll see if I make.
8. I have a passion for MOPS and reaching out to moms.
9. I took piano lessons for 8 years, but I can't even play Happy birthday. How sad is that! My piano teacher's name was Rowena and she had blue hair. the best part of lessons was playing duets with my cousins. We would just giggle and get in trouble.
10. I am loving Bible Study Fellowship this year. I love learning about Moses and the Tabernacle.
11. My favorite tv show ever is Little House on the Prairie. I liked it when Pa cried. My neighbor and I used to play Little House. She would be Mary and I was Laura. One time, she spent the night and we wore shower caps to bed and called my dad "Pa."
12. I've always wanted to be the Narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat. Don't think it will ever happen, but a girl can dream, right!
13. I made my acting debut in college. Never thought I would get the acting bug, but it was a great release for me and got me to step out of my comfort zone.
14. I love the movie, Cars. I will watch it by myself without kids.
15. Most Monday mornings I hang out with my best friend, Jen. We drink coffee and talk, talk, talk and talk. Did I mention that we talk? We also laugh a lot!
16. I don't like to grocery shop. My husband goes on Saturdays with the list and comes home with everything. Shoe shopping is a different story!
17. I love Celtic Women!!! I got in a zone when they are on PBS. It's mesmerizing. I have the vidoes, but when they are PBS, I can't turn the channel. I think they are coming to the Fort this summer. I want to go!
18. I've lived in Fort Wayne long enough now, that I call it "the Fort".
19. I don't like to bake. It's messy. Too many steps. I have to then clean up the mess. I'm a terrible mom because my kids don't get cookies and milk after school. That's another reason I go to Jen's- to get some yummy baked goods. My mom would actually have cookies and milk waiting for my brother and I after school. She is such the Martha Stewart.
20. It is Jan. 26 and my Christmas tree is still up. I feel like I am in the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where they left the suitcase on the stairs. Nobody would talk about it, but Debra and Ray thought the other should take it upstairs. That's why my tree is not down. I think Eric should take it down and he probably thinks I should. So, it's a silent battle of the wills.
21. I like to do laundry. There's a sense of accomplishment when the clothes smell good and are folded in the baskets. Now, just to get them to the drawers...
22. I want a new mini van. Yes, I am one of those crazy moms who actually really likes them! There's a chance we could get one this summer. I don't need anything real fancy, just one with automatic windows. Our van now has the crank windows. It's really frustrating at the drivethrough window and I have bend down and use muscle to open my window. Then if it's cold or raining, I have to do several times before I leave the fast food place. I know...I'm lazy.
23. I don't like to wear lipstick. It feels gloppy and it comes off so quickly. What's the point? I do love a great chapstick though!
24. I have never been to Disney World. It's okay, though. I will enjoy it someday with my family. We did go to Florida when I was in high school. My brother and I convinced our parents to get a suite at the hotel. That was awesome, especially since we normally went to State parks and had just one room. I have fond memories of the State Parks. We got lost on a dry creek bed once at Clifty Falls. We couldn't find our trail. We were walking forever. We even past a "real" hiker with a walking stick, backpack and a water bottle. I just had on my keds sneakers! We ended up walking from one end of the park to the other. When we finally found our way out, we made our dad go back to get our van. Ha ha.
25. My favorite type of food is Mexican. Love going to Banditos! But I also love a really good steak with sauted mushrooms and onions.

1 comment:

naswanson said...

Hi Becky, I've been reading your blog for awhile and love keeping up on your family. Can't help with that Christmas tree; we usually have ours down by News Years Day. Hugs to all.