Monday, January 26, 2009

My 5 on Monday

I have somehow fallen off the bandwagon with writing my 5 things I'm thankful for on Fridays. I will try to start fresh this week and do two.

1. We had a great time celebrating Craig and Claire's birthdays on Saturday. I was so delighted to watch Andrew and his cousin Claire interact while playing Wheel of Forutne on the computer. Claire was calling out letters and Andrew turned to her and said, "Claire, F" He acknowledged her. Claire was so excited that Andrew didn't even hit her!

2. I am so proud of Jarod. He won first place at his Pinewood Derby for cub scouts on Friday. He even won grand champion for the whole pack. Way to go, Jarod! We are trying to teach him how to be a good sport in winning and losing. I am proud of Eric too. He was in charge of the night. He did a great job in calling out the winners, getting everything set up and making the evening so much fun for the cub scouts and their families.

3. I am so thankful that I could spend the afternoon with my mom on Friday. We had a belated celebratiion of her birthday by going to Casa's for lunch and then shopping. My dad took Andrew to Pizza Hut by himself. I think that was the first time my dad has done that. Hey had fun!

4. I sang on our praise team at church for the first time in a lonnngggg time. it was wonderful to worship God in that way and help the congregation worship Him too. I am thankful for my friend, Tammy who kept things in SS under control until I got there.

5. I am so thankful to God for being a part of every little detail in my life!

No comments: