Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jarod's early birthday

Jarod will be 7 in about two weeks. We celebrated with his grandparents in Indianapolis this weekend by going to the Indiana Transportation Museum. That translates to lots and lots of trains! They had several old trains in the yard that you could walk through and get a feel for what it was like to ride in a train back in the "old days". It was so neat to see Jarod climbing in the engineer's seat and grinning from ear to ear. He was in heaven!
Jarod climbed in a caboose to see out of the top like a brakeman would have done. There was a desk in the caboose for the conductor to sit in and keep a log. Jarod felt right at home!


Jarod also sat at a table and chairs in the dining car.



Andrew enjoyed it as well. I was suprised that Jarod shared the engineer's seat with him! It was a special day for Jarod.

1 comment:

Megan C. said...

Oh, Bec, I miss your boys (and you and Eric of course.) I can't believe Jarod's almost seven...I remember when he was born, and you still lived at the old house. Wow, I'm starting to scare myself with how old I sound, so I better stop, but thanks so much for sharing!

Love & Peaches.