Monday, September 24, 2007

Kids say the funniest things

  • Last week in church my friend pulled me aside and said she needed to tell me something. She said that during Sunday School, Miss Susie was asking the children if they had ever done anything wrong. "I have," she said. Well, my 1st grader, Jarod spoke up and said, "Not so much this month." My friend said all the teachers were trying to hold in their laughter! Such a funny guy.
  • Jarod was involved in a program last year in school called Super Games. It was a chance for K-2 kids to learn some games and get some energy out after school. It took some convincing for Jarod to even go. When I picked him up later after the first day, he walked out of the gym with a very annoyed look on his face and said, "There wasn't anything super about those games!" He eventually warmed up to the teacher and enjoyed it.
  • I was playing with Andrew outside last Friday and he was up in the "fort" of our playset. He was steering the wheel and I asked him where he was going. I asked him if was driving to Gramma's house. Well, once we got inside he stood by the back door and said repeatedly, "Gramma's house, Gramma's house." He was ready to go! So, we headed down to Gramma's house for the afternoon. I guess I need to be careful with what I say or me may be going on several field trips to Gramma's!

I have always wanted to write down the funny things my kids say. I want to remember them, but somehow my attempts at journaling have gone by the wayside. Hopefully, this blog will help me to write them down more often. I guess it's just easier to type than to get out a pencil and paper.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by "mavan". Isn't this a great way to record life's "snapshots"? I'll be praying especially for you during this unique year in MOPS. Also, I just want to say I've enjoyed having Jarod in SS off and on over the recent months--he's a great boy!