Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Kid Nation

Yes, I actually watched the much talked about Kid Nation tonight. I even let Jarod watch it too. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It focused a lot on team work and the importance of working together. The show also had challenges and awards. It was interesting.

Jarod and I actually had a good conversation about what it would be like if was there and didn't have any grown ups around. He said he might like it for a while, but then would get home sick and want to come home. I thought that was pretty honest for an almost 7 year old.

In this episode the kids had to kill a chicken. Jarod said that killing the chicken to eat it was okay because they were hungry, but that they shouldn't kill it because it was fun.

I really like this age of almost 7, but I'm not sure I'm ready for him to grow up!

No comments: