Sunday, July 27, 2008

Drew's Sunday

We have started to sit in the balcony at church, mostly because Drew likes it up there. He can see the instruments on stage and likes the shiny bar that goes across the length of the balcony. This morning during the music, Drew was just dancing away. He seemed to filled with joy! I had to laugh and smile several times - especially when he started doing what looked like the chicken dance. Drew also clapped loudly after each set of songs were done. No one else in the congregation clapped. A friend even said that he appreciated the applause! I love the fact that Drew loves music so much. I'm praying that the words of the songs we sing will dwell in his heart and that someday he will be able to draw upon them.

Eric and I should have sung to him this afternoon when he burned two fingers at Grandma's. He was so upset and just kept screaming and crying. It was horrible to hear him like that, but I continued to pray that the pain would go away and that he would be able to sleep. God answered my prayers! Drew is now dancing and reciting some of his favorite things. He's also singing Wiggles songs! Eric even got him to take a nap.

God is so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been in the balcony to see Drew dancing. We all need to do that more. I love reading your blog. You are an awsome mom.