Sunday, July 27, 2008

Six on Sunday

Because I forgot to write 5 things I was thankful on Friday, I am going to do six today before church.

I am thankful....
1. ...for time off from teaching Sunday School. I really love it, but for the next four weeks, there is no Sunday School for children or adults. That means I can sleep in and not feel rushed to get ready for church. What a blessing!

2. ...for the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo! We are members and it is so nice to be able to go whenever we want. The boys and I went three times this week. That doesn't happen that often, that we go so many times in one week, but that's what a member pass is for!!!

3. ...for our porch. Eric spent a lot of time the last couple of summers working on our back porch. This is the first summer that we've been really able to enjoy it. My parents came up and painted the floor for us - that was a huge blessing! I had some friends over this week and we just hung out on the porch and talk for hours. It was wonderful!

4. ...for the ESY program for Drew. He thrives on routine and it's been a blessing that he can attend summer school for three days a week. His teachers are just great and really work on his IEP goals.

5. ...for my husband's boss. I don't think I've ever met him, but I like him. Eric is supposed to go to NC for a weekend, but the people down there keep postponing for one reason or another. So, he hasn't gone yet. Anyway, Eric's boss approached him last week and told him that he had to take me out on a date and to bring the receipt back to him at work. I don't know many bosses that would do something like that. So, we are going to Cork 'n Cleaver on Monday. Neither of us have been there before, so it will be a treat!

6. ...for time with my sisters -in-law this week. We went out for dinner and had a great time talking and trying to encourage Jill, who is having her first baby in the next couple of weeks. It was nice to not have children around and we could really talk.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love it. What a wonderful way to begin your week this week. Sorry, I couldn't be with you on Wednesday, but is was GREAT chatting with you on Thursday. I have followed in your suit for the 5 for Friday and I think Karla will, too. Talk to you soon!