Friday, July 18, 2008

Five for Friday

My friend started to blog five things she's thankful for on Fridays as a way to reflect the happenings of the week and to give thanks to God. I love that idea! So, I am stealing her idea and trying it for myself. We'll see how dedicated I am to writing every Friday. I am hoping though, that this will be and exercise of bringing glory to God and dwelling on Him instead of all the falls, discouragement and disappointments - which are so easy to remember!

So, here we go:
1. I am so thankful for special friends! They are the ones who ask what God is doing in my life and make me think. They are the ones who I can call several times a day to just say hey whatcha' doing. They are the ones who will listen to me vent and don't mind at all. They are the ones who make me cry, laugh the hardest, love my children like their own and challenge me to be a better me.

2. I am thankful for Thomas the Tank Engine underwear! Andrew is very willing to wear underwear most of the day, especially when it's Thomas. He even says, "Keep Thomas dry!" in a very sing songy way. And he does!

3. I am thankful for time alone with Jarod this week. We won't have many more opportunities to just hang out and do stuff together. We went to the FW History Museum on Tuesday while Andrew was at school and saw some model trains. Jarod is still in love with trains and I'm so thankful that he has a passion!

4. I love flip flops! I am thankful that they are cheap and that I can just throw them off and on. It's just one of those simple pleasures that make me smile!

5. I am so thankful for wonderful in-laws. I hear horror stories from people who don't get along with their in-laws, but I am blessed to have a mother-in-law whom I adore and admire. She comes up and babysits often for the boys without hesitation. We have wonderful conversations at the kitchen table about everything and she is a prayer warrior. Who could ask for anything more!

Okay, that was easier than I thought. What a wonderful way to begin my day! I have been meditating on Ps. 143. I love this passage:
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
It's been a great way to start my day and to be focused on the Lord.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kennedy said...

Glad to give you the idea. Have fun with it!!