Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Vacation

Last month we went on vacation to Pokagon State Park. We joke a lot with our friends that we go there. ("Yippee... a state park") However, we really do love it there! It is close enough to home that if we needed to leave we could, but far enough away that we don't run into people we know. It's just relaxing and the boys love it.

One of the things we tried this year was taking a boat out on the lake. Andrew loved it! He still talks about his life preserver a month later. I did get burned on my legs, but it was worth it.

One of the boys favorite things to do is to go to the park. Andrew and Jarod love the tire swing and we could spend most of the time on it - getting dizzy in the process.


For some reason, Andrew wanted to wear his hat sideways. We thought it was cute. (Thanks Stacey for the hat!)

Here's our messy room. We left a note for housekeeping thanking them for cleaning around all our junk. We always bring way too much stuff, but with blankies, Andrew's wheel of fortune, books and Jarod's various pictures of trains (and now Spiderman), what's a mom to do?

For the last several years, we spend an hour or so at the miniture golf course. Jarod loves it! I of course, I had to pose like a diva. Not that I am on the putt putt course, but I had to try!


Andrew didn't want to play, so Eric took him inside to the video games. Andrew just sat and pretended to drive his car.

Here's one of my favorite pictures... my boys holding hands. Andrew is getting more attached to big brother all the time. I know Jarod feels special when Andrew wants to be with him!

Eric and I know that going to Pokagon won't be a favorite place forever, but for now it's perfect for our family.






2 comments:

Lucy said...

I love the "Diva" Putt-Putt photo!
Awesome! :o)

naswanson said...

We love Pokagon, too. Great pics of the kids and, of course, you.