Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Parenting Re-Do

We were all at the zoo-loo-au Monday night and having a great time until Drew decided to have a melt down. He really wanted to ride the train, but we had gone on the boat ride instead. So, he screamed and cried and tried to run away to the train. Since Eric and I had driven seperately, I said I would take Drew home. No more fun for him! It was not a fun walk back to the entrance and as I was passing the gate, a zoo employee asked me what happened. I rolled my eyes and told her that he didn't want to leave the zoo. She looked at me odd and said something like, "okay, I can see that?" Then I looked down at Drew and he had blood all over his face and hands. He had given himself a nose bleed from being so upset! I didn't even notice! I wish I could do that parenting moment over again! That employee much have thought I punched him in the nose or was kidnapping him. I had even stopped before the exit to wipe Drew's eyes and runny nose. There was no blood then, I promise! Needless to say, I was thoroughly embarrassed and then had to dig through my purse to find kleenex. A dad walked by and handed me pile of napkins. Drew went to bed early that night! So did I!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kennedy said...

I have so been there (not neccessarily with the bloody nose) but the scene in general. I have had so many redos I have lost count. Be encouraged that you are not alone ... and your family is consistently in my prayers.