Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Andrew's Day

We try to put Andrew to bed around 8:00 every night. We do this because he is an early riser, like anywhere between 5:00 - 6:00 AM! There are some nights he doesn't actually fall asleep until 9:30pm because he's talking, or singing or tapping on the wall. That was last night. But, he was still up at 6:15am this morning! A lot of kids with austism have trouble sleeping. Andrew doesn't wake up at night, but he doesn't sleep long... at least for mom!

So, this morning, just like we always do, we took his "stuff" (blankets, bears, and Larry the Cucumber) to momma's bed and laid down for another 10 minutes or so. Then, we came downstairs and I made Andrew's breakfast. Every morning, he has the same breakfast - waffle and sausages. A blueberry frozen waffle and two saugage links. It never fails.

We had to leave the house around 8:00am to get Jarod to day camp, so that meant Andrew needed to get dressed. We got Andrew dressed and his flip flops. He loves his flip flops! It could be 20 below zero and he will ask to wear his flip flops! If it is that cold, I won't let him, but most of the time it's fine, like today. As soon as we got home, the clothes came off and the pajamas were back on! He loves his comfy clothes!

The rest of today has been filled with playing on the computer, playing with his trains and me trying to get him to interact with me. He will ask me for food or if he needs something, but pretty much resists if I try to initate "play". It's hard some days, but I'm happy with any kind of response from him! He did help me peel wallpaper (which he started in the first place and is why we now have a big project inthe Hansen house!)when I asked, so it's been a good day!

I'm off to get him some ham...his favorite snack.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I hope to be a "faithful follower" of your posts this month. Andrew is blessed to have a mom who is tuned in to his needs--every child should be so blessed! Hugs!