Sunday, December 2, 2007

Decorating for Christmas

I love Christmas time! It's my most favortie holiday of the year. I even like decorating for Christmas, to an extent. I usually say that, "It looks like Christmas threw up around here!" I have boxes and paper everywhere and things that I don't know where I exactly want them to go. I like looking at everything when it's all done.

Well, Jarod really wanted to help put the ornaments on the tree. He actually did a good job. I have just always done it myself and which ornaments have the distinction of hanging toward the top branch and which ones are put in the back where no one really notices them. But I realized that there might not be many more year to come that Jarod will want to help me decorate the tree. At some point, he will probably join his dad on the couch and watch football while I place the bulbs on the tree and remember when the boys made their sheep ornaments.

So, as I stand back and look at the tree in a dark room with only the lights from the tree on I am reminded of the beauty of Christmas. Even though there are some ornaments that I would not have put up, like the apple ornament that has a little picture of me from college. I think a professor gave it to me. But, Jarod took pride in the ones he selected and liked how the tree looked in the end. I do too.

1 comment:

Megan C. said...

Oh, Becky. I loved this post. Thanks so much, I love reading little tidbits about the Hansen clan.