Saturday, December 15, 2007

a first

Today was a first for me. I made cherry bread. Cherry bread is one of my favorite things to eat during the holidays. My mom always makes it and I look forward to it every year. Now, if you know me well, I do not like to bake. I don't even bake cookies. I find the whole process messy and it takes a long time. However, this year I decided to don my Betty Crocker apron and tackle making the bread. I thought the loaves would make nice presents to our neighbors who have been so kind with watching Jarod off and on. I also thought that I would deliver them to our neighbors on either side of us who we have little contact with.

So, I made four loaves today. One loaf broke as I tried to take it out of the pan. Lesson: Do not take bread out of loaf pans until completely cooled. We will keep that loaf for ourselves. I want to make at least 2 more loaves for the bus driver and assistant who take Andrew to school. And maybe have make some more to keep in the freezer. We'll see how adventurous I get this week. My back hurts from standing all afternoon, but I'm proud of my accomplishment. My first cherry bread. Maybe next year I'll try to make fudge. Probably not.

Oh, by the way... the bread tastes really good!

2 comments:

Megan C. said...

Well Miss Becky, I will most definitely have to try a piece of that bread at some point...by the way, I'm HOME and would LOVE to get together sometime!

Anonymous said...

GO YOU!