Friday, December 7, 2007

freedom

I have heard the term "freedom in Christ" before but it's taken on a different meaning to me today. I have been trying to lose weight for some time now. I have recenty joined a free course on line called Setting the Captives Free/The Lord's Table. It's a scripture based study on how to be free from poor eating habits.

I was reading today from 2 Corinthians 3:16-19 and in verses 16 - 17 is says, "But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." I have neve thought of that in terms of eating. If I turn to the Lord instead of food when I am tired, bored, stressed or just plain emotional, He will give me freedom from that desire to eat to fill that void that only the Lord can fill.

Does that make sense? I am still processing, but I think and pray that it's a start.

No comments: