Friday, August 1, 2008

Five for Friday

I am thankful...

1...for 5 day clubs. I kinda went into this with a critical eye. I wasn't sure what to expect. What I learned was that these teen love Jesus and want to share it with kids. They teens that came to our house were very well prepared, talked with the kids before and after club, and were energetic. We had a nice shade in the backyard, so it never got extremely hot and most of my neighbors that we invited came every day. I pray that what was taught will dwell in their hearts for years to com.

2...for digital scrapbooking! I am in love with this!!!!!! I have done more pages on the computer in one week than I have completed in 6 months with regular scrapbooking. I don't have to lug everything out of my cabinet, get it all set up, cut, crop, glue, re-position and make sure that my handwriting is not slanted off the page. I also don't have to worry about little hands getting all over everything. I can also complete an album and then wait until I have the money to order it. What a cool concept!

3. to Laura. She took Andrew during the hour of my 5 day club. It was just going to be a lot to handle with him here and me wanting to be with the other kids. So, she is now know lovingly as "Laura friend".

4. ...for little God moments this week of summer school for Drew. One morning he walked up to his teacher, took her hand and said, "Miss Patty!" Then he looked at me with a big smile and said, "Bye. Bye." I was thrilled!

5.... for my new niece. Curt and Jill had their baby girl this afternoon. Her name is Adelinn Grace. I can not wait to meet her!

No comments: