Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thankful Heart

I am so thankful this week! God was definately with us as we prepared for Andrew's surgery. He allowed us to go to the surgery center at the perfect time to take a tour, take pictures and let Andrew get a feel for the place. Nurse Linda was just wonderful. She talked to Drew and let us take as much time as we needed. On the day of surgery, everyone in that surgery center was great. Our pre-op nurse was so kind and let Andrew basically pick his "room". He went right to the big chair that he had seen the week before. Linda had left notes for her about Andrew's fears and things we had talked about. That was cool! Our only major hiccup was having to give medicine to Drew right before surgery. Linda carried him to surgery and came to check on him later. I feel so blessed! Having eye surgery is not something that I want to do again, but knowing how well the staff took care of Andrew and his parents, I would go back there in a heart beat if I had too. I think I might take some cookies and a thank you card over there!

This was our great nurse, Linda. She walked us through when we came to visit and she was Andrew's surgery nurse. She carried him to surgery. I love her!


This is Dr. Dykstra. He is so good with Andrew (and Jarod too). I am so thankful for a dr. that looks out for the best interest of my kids!



No comments: