Friday, August 29, 2008

5 for Friday...

1. I am so thankful for successful surgery for Drew! He is really doing well and has even become a willing participant in putting in the eye drops. For the first time all week, I was able to put them in be myself. It usually requires one person to hold him and one to put the drops in.

2. Jarod has had a good first full week of school. I really like his teacher and I love his room. It is about twice as big as his room last year. He has a "meeting" corner where the teacher reads Magic Treehouse books. Very nice! Back to school night went well. I'm looking forward to helping out some in the class!

3. Andrew will be going back to school on Tuesday. I know that we are both ready to get back into routine. Andrew is getting so active. I think he's bored. School is needed for both of us right now.

4. We are heading to Indy for the long weekend. My birthday is Tuesday and so we will celebrate with my family. We have talked about going downtown to the canal and taking a paddle boat on the water. andrew has been fasinated with boats recently, so that should be fun for him.

5. My friends have been so wonderful this week. Kris made us dinner. Jennifer called several times to check on me and Drew. Daniss, Laura and Cathleen were kind of enough (and brave enough) to help me put Drew's drops in. What a blessing to have friends like that!

Thank you Jesus for all your blessings during this crazy and tiring week!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Have a great weekend and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Becky!

fine frostings said...

Hey Cousin, Glad to hear that Andrew's surgery went well and the eye drop thing is getting better. What a great testimony you have to always have a positive outlook even though you have some rough days. It's always nice to see the updates on your website. Happy Birthday next week! Love ya! Danielle