Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I think God's telling me something...

As I was driving home from Wal Mart this afternoon, I passed a church that posts witty sayings on their welcome sign. Today it said, "Worry is a waste of imagination." I had to think a lot about that one. I do worry a lot! I am fearful often. I do waste my time on thinking about a situation. I've never thought about how being worried doesn't allow me imagine all that God can do in the situation. I worry about all the human stuff that could happen.

I also read Amy's blog this morning and her fear of sending her son off to school. I've been reading about fear in the Word. In 1John 4 it talks about that because God is love, there is no fear in love. I need to dwell on this and let it just saturate my spirit.

We are entering 2nd grade with Jarod and another year of preschool for Drew. I am excited about all that they will learn this year, but I am also worried and fearful; with Drew especially. There is so much unknown for his life. There's not going to be "normal" for him like I know it.

But through all of this...I am confident that God is teaching me again to rely on Him. I need to imagine all the possibilities for Drew and redefine "normal". I need not to be fearful, but rejoice for all that God will accomplish in my boy's lives.

God is good!

No comments: