Friday, October 24, 2008

5 for Friday

1. I am so thankful that my mom and dad could come up and spend a few days with us. They were very helpful in getting some things done around the house and especially with Jarod's birthday party. I am blessed that my parents are healthy and live close enought to be able to come up if I need them.

2. Eric comes home on Thursday! Less than one week to go. The boys and I have managed really well. This weekend might be challenging, but we'll make it!

3. I am so thankful that I can talk to my best friend on line. I miss her very much, but she'll be back in the states soon. We had a great chat last night and I am so proud of her for following God's will for her life.

4. Even though Andrew does not tolerate me brushing his hair, he does sit perfectly still at Big League Barbers. The gals there are so good with Drew! He only flinches when they spray the water on his hair. Having a lollipop to suck on doesn't hurt either!

5. My mother in law is just awesome. She is making Jarod's costume for Halloween. He wants to be Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi, so that is a very specific outfit. Anyway, Jarod was smiling ear to ear when he tried it on Wed. night. He didn't want to take it off. He is just so excited. Thanks, mom!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Will be praying for the "home stretch" till Thursday! You are such a positive person, Becky--I'm sure your thankful heart has something to do with that!

Becky Hansen said...

Thanks Amy! I'm not always positive, but I try to be if only on Fridays. :>)